Wednesday, February 1, 2017

  Claude Monet : The Bodmer Oak, Fontainebleau Forest


 I chose this piece by Claude Monet due to the contrast and sharpness of the painting. 
Monet has many other landscape paintings that also hold these qualities. The texture in the bark and shadows of  the limbs really pop out and give depth the the painting. I also like how clean the sky appears  through the leaves and the contrast from light blue to dark green/black. The beams of sun shining  through the trees to the ground also provide a warmth feeling to me when i look at the piece. I also  found out that Monet would sometimes damage his paintings so that the land owners would not seize  them.This suggests that Monet maybe sometimes painted things that he didn't have  permission to, so  the rebelliousness adds to the piece as well. All in all this to me is easy and attractive to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment